Beautiful tone, beautiful heart -Dr. Suzuki
Welcome to the homepage of Kite Suzuki Piano of Madison.
Start Suzuki Piano Lessons!
Contact Sigrun Franzen to arrange a time to observe a current lesson. You will have the opportunity to see the Suzuki method in practice and to speak with a parent.
Suzuki is a whole person, whole family approach to music study. Every child can learn to play with beauty and ease.
Dr. Suzuki wanted to create noble hearts in children. A good explanation of his philosophy can be found here:
Here is a short bio of Shinichi Suzuki:
Why choose Suzuki over a traditional method?
- It provides a beautiful, satisfying, graded repertoire from the very beginning.
- Its focus is on small, manageable steps, each designed to build a foundation of musicianship and technique.
- It develops the ear as well as the eye
- It provides students with a common repertoire, and during group classes they can easily play together.
- It values mutual respect between the teacher and student.
- The SAA (Suzuki Association of the Americas) hosts Summer Institutes all around the country for children and families
A common misperception is that Suzuki students do not learn to read music notation well. Therefore, I emphasize that reading skills are taught just as consistently as repertoire and musicianship skills.
I teach adults as well. My current adult students do not follow a traditional Suzuki method. We use the Mastering the Piano series, and supplement it with other music according to individual goals and desires.